Friday, April 6

Bean

Today I was subjected to Mr. Bean's Holiday at the flicks - and while I was veering more towards spending time on Blades of Glory - I actually loved it and couldn't stop gurning like a buffoon at the screen for the entire duration.

Who doesn't love Rowan Atkinson?

The movie is almost completely silent, which when you think about it, is pretty darn genius. To do such a physical role without dialogue must be exhausting, but the film could translate into any language and anyone could get the gist.

We Brits sho' do good comedy, I must admit (all smug).

Is now the time to throw casually into the mix the fact that I find Rowan Atkinson strangely attractive? I know, I know - it's just ever since "Blackadder II", there's been something about him.

Odd.

In other news, we've walked the dog twice on the beach, visited Yesterday's World (they have a new Royal Room - and I snuggled with a Prince) and enjoyed a bacon sarnie in our local beach cafe.

It's been such a retro seaside holiday - you can't beat them.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

England sounds so full of adventures! I wanna come therrrrreee. Let's trade places! lol.

wondy woman said...

In a heartbeat, my friend - you get to hang out in gay sculpture studios with Heather!

Rebecca said...

:) hehehe. well i think i would miss that, but... lol.

Rainypete said...

Rowan Atkinson is m personal hero. I've loved his stuff for a long time now. Blackadder got my attention and I explored his work from there. Even his standup is genius. If you haven't seen his bit of "Welcome to Hell" I recommend hunting it out.

I'm a half-brit descendant so I cut my comedy teeth on a blend of Fawlty Towers, Monty Ptyhon, Are You Being Served and the like.

Monogram Queen said...

I am an old time Mr. Bean fan. He kills me. Rowan rocks!