Saturday, December 24

Hark the Herald Angels Meme (Tagged!)

Tagged by that lovely minx Peanut Queen (The Peanut Queen's Lair) – twice!

Meme Numero Uno
Tell 5 random things about yourelf that nobody else knows.
(Like PQ, I must admit I don’t have a lot of secrets so at least someone will know some of these).
1. I am shit-scared of the water.
I hate swimming, I hate boats and I hate pools. The only water I like is in a bath tub with bubbles. I have a morbid fear of a shark coming at me, it’s a proper phobia and everything. Christina Ricci suffers from it too, it’s called Selachophobia.
2. I enjoy having a good cry.
No-one who really knows me will find this surprising as I cry at everything, a sad bit in the book I am reading, a sad mobile phone advert, soaps, sad songs, big puppy dog eyes, etc. But I believe in it and quite enjoy it. It’s great therapy.
3. I have never lived alone.
I always envisaged my own apartment would be something akin to SJP’s in Sex and the City, but a bit more cluttered with books. There’s be masses of books on the two huge wall cases I’d have, heaps of candles, throws, cushions, retro perfume bottles and light fittings and a cat. I would not, repeat not change my current situation for the world but I do wonder what it would be like to live alone sometimes.
4. One day I hope to run my own Comic Book Store.
I want a ‘proper’ store, not those soul-less, one-step-up from a toy store stores, but a proper dingy Comic Store with cracker leather sofas and great coffee, great music, a great owner (Me!). And we won’t just stock the standard Nightmare Before Christmas fare which, of course there is nothing wrong with as I am Burton’s biggest fan, but look around you - it has become the teenage Goth girls badge of honour and I don’t want that – I want more Edward Gorey, Roman Dirge, Jhonen Vasquez, Edgar Allen Poe, Stan Lee, Wonder Woman for God’s sake! One day I will do this. And you’re all invited to the opening!

5. I believe in happily-ever-afters.
I’m going to put the same as PQ for the final one not because I am being lazy, but because it is almost exactly the same as what I wanted to put anyway. I believe that ‘true love conquers all’ and I also believe that it can carry on beyond life itself. So whatever anyone else thinks I believe this. I also find myself saying corny things like “at least we have our love” and other such shit when Rocker and I are going through hell, but I do actually believe it. What an old romantic, eh?
Now I have to take the name off of the top of the list and insert my name there once I have completed the tag (like so?):
Wondy
Shelli
Mel
the rain queen(poody)
Memphis Steve
Meme Numero Dos
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Jobwise: I was at college and I also worked most of the hours God sent at my job in a home for the mentally ill.
Life: Hanging around with my BF Lucy, drinking too much red wine, taking speed (sorry mum, but I was) and generally (probably) being a total and utter pain in the ass. That was also the year I lost my virginity, and decided never ever to do it again, ‘cos it was so overrated… tee hee
2. What were you doing a year ago?
Jobwise: I was working in NT:Hell, about to be made redundant.
Life: Same as now really, living with Rocker, being broke, being me, not much has changed.
3. What are 5 of your favorite snacks?
Yoghurt
Tortilla Chips
Nachos
Humous
Wine Gums
4. What 5 songs do you know all the words to?
Vogue - Madonna
Thriller – Michael Jackson
Manic Monday – The Bangles
Crazy - Aerosmith
Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
5. 5 things you would do if you had money
Open my own store (see above)
Give my mum lots of money and if she didn’t want that, lots of jewels
Offer Mariah money to retire, never to be seen again
Travel
Buy Rocker a Motorbike shop
6. 5 bad habits
I forget to take my make-up off regularly
Nose picking – c’mon we all do it!
Over-eating
Shopping
Being bitchy is a bad habit, non?
7. 5 things I love to do
Read
Walk around naked
Watch movies
Blog
Sit around having ‘deep’ conversations with inspirational people
8. 5 things I would never get new, buy new or wear again
Ra-ra skirt
Shell Suit
Blue/Black hair (Ugh)
Shorts
Day glo towelling socks
9) 5 favorite toys
Lego
My living dead doll
My Jason Vorhees action figure I got two Christmases ago from Rocker
Hungry Hippos
My laptop that doesn’t even work and never has since I’ve owned it…
Now I have to tag 5 people for the both Memes:
2) June
3) Chica of Batteries Not Included fame
5) Magpie of Sparkles & Shines
Thank you for tagging me PQ – I have just killed the past hour writing this at work, so much better than actually (*whisper it*) working.