Tuesday, April 17

Size 00

I've just bitten my tongue in outrage whilst reading Heat - no, not another Mariah Carey pictorial, oh no - much worse:

Superskinny Me: The Race To Size Double Zero.

Erm, ex-squeeze me?

Last month the UK Size 4 was the size de jour, now the media is telling me that even that ain't thin enough?

Should I just go to a surgeon and have my skin removed to cut out all the starving and self-hatred so I can fit into a UK 2?

Is it even possible, even in your bare bones to be that skinny?

I'm reaching for a biscuit as we speak - I am sick of being made to feel like a circus freak for being curvy.

I'm a Size 16 (at least) and I really couldn't give a fuck anymore. There I said it.

I am large and I don't hate myself - Shock! Horror!

I'm going to pin up this photograph on my wall (I don't have a wall!) and I'm going to remind myself every day that happiness is more important that a pair of Size 2 hotpants:

I know who looks the most fun in this trio - and I also know that Kate may be beautiful, but she looks like she has a stick up her ass.

Fuck you whoever is responsible for the 00 dress size.

2 comments:

Rainypete said...

That's no stick up her ass. Fear is what put that look on her face. Not fear of health problems or any such thing .....oh no! Fear of a good stiff breeze that would send her tumbling down the road. Why do you think she's hanging about with substantial lasses like that?

Chica said...

I don't understand how being that small can appeal. I would never want to be that small, even if I could eat all the doughnuts and Big Macs I could stuff into my greedy little mouth and stay that way x