Sunday, March 25

Cook Off

I am seriously contemplating doing a few courses when I get to Thailand.

They do Thai massage (stop giggling, you) and Thai cookery, you can book them through some of the ticket offices when you get there.

We met a nice French lady last time in Chaing Mai who skipped off to do one. She disappeared off at some ungodly hour one morning to learn what to do with Thai spices and finely chopped chillis.

Or something.

Wait, have I just blogged about doing a cookery class?

*pinch, pinch*

Am I even awake?

I am also thinking of seeing if there is such a thing as a spiritual course I can take. A sort of Buddhism 101.

I know I can walk into a temple at any time on the island and I know that the monks there are usually super nice and after you've dealt with all their football needs, are more than happy to chat.

I just wonder if there is a way I can study some of their teachings once I'm there.

This, I will investigate.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

good luck! that's fantastic sounding. i can't wait for you to go so we can hear about it.

wondy woman said...

I can't wait to start writing it too!!

Anonymous said...

Oh it would be so cool to get a lesson from a monk!

wondy woman said...

I know! They might refuse to teach me anything but we'll see, I can always ask!

Monogram Queen said...

Ooh I heart Thai food ... peanut sauce.. Mmmmm

Rainypete said...

Too cool. I have a hunch that while your trip to Thailand and explorations of it will be nowhere near as exciting as the explorations of your own self. I envy you.