Sunday, March 25

Laugh The World Laughs With You

Sorry for the absence this weekend. Have been... well, actually - doing Sweet FA - but enjoying the weekend and the fairly fair weather.

Saw a movie, made plans with a friend, been there for Wondy Mum, seen my brother, packed some stuff up - getting ready to put our things into storage next weekend.

This afternoon I am so cross about something and someone that I can barely bring myself to post, in case I explode verbally.

I don't want to even go into the hows and whys because it's not fair on anyone and the person will possibly read it. And they just wouldn't understand my fury, because they never do.

So I'm going to be impossibly zen about the whole situation and let it go. Flush my body of negative vibes and free myself.

Instead I am going to tell you that, because I am always one for a slow reaction, I finally got to see Hot Fuzz last night, despite it already having been in the cinemas for at least four years (weeks).

Loved it. Love Simon Pegg. It was brilliant and laugh-out-loud funny - which apparently the man sitting in front of me would agree with, as he snorted and guffawed (greatest word ever invented?) his way through it.

I wanted to be annoyed with him for being so noisy but most of me admired him for being so free with his laughter. People were staring at him and his wife kept poking him and shhhhhhushing him - and still he kept on laughing like a loon, and I admire that.*

Let the loons laugh on and the world might one day be a better place.

(*This might have something to do with that fact that as a child I thought I was abnormal because I couldn't laugh out loud. Happy to say I have more than made up for that now...)

5 comments:

wondy woman said...

I loved all of it. Brilliant.

It is getting exciting, but scary too! But it's good to be scared in life, I'm finding.

Yeah, I'm good - I've eaten some crisp and my power is restored!

Rebecca said...

:) yay! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. It sounds like it was a very fun one. For the record I feel for the loon-man. Uncontrolable laughter... seriously it's a disease. Even if he had desperately wanted to sushhh... he couldn't have. I would know. lol. I just feel bad he kept getting poked. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the laughter, and glad you enjoyed the movie.

I hope the negative stuff won't be enough to make your whole week bad!

Monogram Queen said...

Ooh I love a good laugh and please send some of your zen my way. I could do with a few more giggles & grins and a whole lot more less pissed off!

Rainypete said...

I still have to see that as it looks bloody hilarious. I've near worn out my Shaun of the Dead DVD. The man's brilliant.

If that bloke bothered folks they wouldn't really like seeing a flick with me in the cinema. Especially as I find humour in strange places and got a nearly broken rib for laughing out loud during a viewing of Titanic at the theater with D.