Sunday, May 22

Ah, Sunday lovely Sunday

I can't believe how much of the weekend I have wasted already.
It's already gone 2pm on Sunday and I have done bugger all.
Well, I say bugger all, I have been shopping (yesterday), slept in late
(yesterday and today), started tidying my room
(how very "Muuuum, it IS tidy!"), given up on that because it was
boring, stared watching the TV series Traffik with Rocker, got bored
of that, got bored of Patriot Games and started reading Belle De Jour
(which is not boring, it's very graphic and rather saucy).

I must... get... out! I'm going to have Rocker take me out somewhere
to get some fresh air.

I am starting to think seriously about our emigration plan, I can't
wait to move to Canada. I can't wait five years! I can't be a member
of the rat race for all that time! I can't keep living for the weekends
and wishing my time away - it's a waste of life. This is where my
photography project comes in, I want to remind myself that there is
beauty all around me just waiting to be discovered. And then when
I finally get to Canada I can say I loved my life in Britain but I am
ready for a new adventure now!

Just waiting now for the papers to come back and to save up enough
money from this house to be able to buy a place outright when we
get to Canada, wherever it is we decide to settle. My heart is set
on Moosejaw - yes, it actually exsists. June says it is a lovely place
to visit, I think it will be first on my list of places to check out!

Today my mother went to pick up The First Lady from the airport.
The First Lady is my brother's American girlfriend's mom. I call her
The First Lady because you would think she was from the way the
red carpet is being laid out for her! Mumsy has had all the doors
changed (originals damaged by my brother's teenage tantrums) and
decorated the spare room in honour of The First Lady. Oh, it is under
the guise of "you and Rocker will have your own room when you
come to stay..." but I know the truth. Mumsy is keeping up with
the Jones'!

I love my mother, she is the most wonderful person. I feel protective
of her though, maybe in the way she has felt protective over me all
these years. I hate the thought of anyone taking advantage (not that
The First Lady is, I know this) - My brother, PW (Poopsy-Whoopsy)
flies back from India on the 23rd and then out again on the 31st.

His 25th brithday is the 27th and he has already emailed me a LIST
of CDs he wants me to get him. A list!

I love my brother too, but he really can be a royal pain in the proverbial!

1 comment:

Schotzy said...

Moving across and ocean, now that is adventure. Isn't wonderful that you already have friends in Canada? (June) Once you get to this side of the ocean you must think of taking a road trip through the midwest USA I will be glad to be your guide. S