Wednesday, March 7

Who'd Want To Be An Olsen?

Picture by Gallery of the Absurd

UPDATE: I meant to post an actual post along with that picture but forgot: d'oh!

Tonight I will be settling down with a nice cup o' char to watch Louise Redknapp in The Truth About Size Zero - a documentary about, funnily enough, this crazy stupid quest some women seem to be on to get down to that new goal: the size zero (UK 4).

Size four!

I might even eat some cheese puffs at the same time and count my lucky stars I'm not one of them.

I think it is desperately sad that there are girls out there dying, literally, to be a certain size and, while I know I need to shift this belly, I can safely say I am happier as I am.

As for Louise, I've never liked her but this has given me newfound respect for her - I think it's refreshing that someone is prepared to go to such lengths to prove it's evil. So good on her.

That is all.

5 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

She looks like a muppett.

:)

katie said...

I would take the millions of dollars though!

wondy woman said...

Yeah, and the handbag collection...

Rainypete said...

I admire the effort, but it's always easy to take a stand when you've got piles of money to comfort yourself with. The sooner people learn to be happy with what they are and choose to be a size that is healthy instead of magazine worthy the better off we'll all be. So if this muppet can pull off some awareness then I say good for her spoiled, rich, bony ass.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I've got two girl friends (married to The PK's friends) that, before they had kids, they were a size zero...but they weren't dieters....their metabolisms are just SKY HIGH (the bitches!!!) After they had kids, they dropped back to zeros or a size 2. ;)

I told The PK he has GOT to find friends with wives/girlfriends who are at least half as big as me! We go to the beach and I lay beside those two twiggy chicks and feel like Shamu!

Anyway, it's sad how the media hype is all for skinny, lollipop-headed babes. I mean, honestly 90% of the men I've heard talking about women like girls with CURVES....they don't WANT a bag of bones (thank God!!!) ;)